evgeny,

this might even make it a bit easier....consider this revised code:
//Use undocumented function to add top-level DOMEvent
_IG_AddDOMEventHandle(document, "mousemove", yourfunction);

//this is the function that gets called
function yourfunction(b){

  //for cross-browser compliance (i think)
  if(!b){ b = window.event; }

  //used to find offset of document from window
  if(typeof(window.pageXOffset)=="number"){
    e= window.pageXOffset;
    f= window.pageYOffset
  //used to find offset if scrolled
  }else{
    e= document.documentElement.scrollLeft;
    f= document.documentElement.scrollTop;
  }

  //this should give you the x and y
  var x=b.clientX + e;
  var y=b.clientY + f;
}

This might at least help get you headed in the right direction

hope this helps...

--noly