Hi experts,

I saw this sample code in opensocial tutorial.

gadgets.util.registerOnLoadHandler(init);

function init() {
  loadFriends();
}

 The *registerOnLoadHandler* method is registering the init function to be
called on load of the gadget.

My questions are
1. when will the gadget call the init function. is it only when the user
loads the application
to use it in its container(say orkut) ?
2. Can I call this init function from my server to fetch profile data(a pull
basically) ?
3. Supposing that 3 users A,B and C installed my app on their profiles. How
will I get the
ids of A, B and C so that I pull out their profile informations one by one
from my client application
using the gadget xml?
4. When the user installs my gadget, how can I send back the user id to my
client application
so that I can store it in my database?
5. if user A is not logging in to orkut from 5th oct to 10th october. Even
in those days also,
can I retrieve their profile info, albums, firends list etc from their
profile using my gadget and
store to the db using my client app?

Please help.
Thanks,