Hi Luke,
The object being return in 0.7 instead of a string is opensocial.Name (
http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/0.7/reference/opensocial.Name.html
)
This object has a getField() method that you can use to retrieve the values
from the fields defined here:
http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/0.7/reference/opensocial.Name.Field.html

Right now, the only field supported by Orkut seems to be 'unstructured'
which contains the user's full name.
To get the same string you were getting with previous versions, now you
should do something like this:

owner.getField(opensocial.Person.Field.NAME<http://opensocial.person.field.name/>
).getField(opensocial.Name.Field.UNSTRUCTURED)

Hope this helps,
Alejandro.