My App: myHangman (http://www.orkut.com/AppInfo.aspx?
appId=906717886410)

On the first screen, I need to make several makeRequest calls to fetch
content from my server. Often times, the makeRequest call just doesn't
return. Firebug shows the response is "Loading...."

I'm quite certain that it's not an issue on my server since the xml
files makeRequest is supposed to fetch can be easily accessed via the
browser.

This behavior is consistent on sandbox.orkut.com and orkut.com

Can you'll pl. have a looksee?