Hi Pedro,

The gadgets.util.getUrlParameters()["gadgetViewer"] will exist for everyone.
Its got no significance to determine whether the userhastheAPPor not.

All it does is take the url and give the uid of it.

Ok let me explain with an example
consider the following url
http://www.orkut.com/Application.aspx?appId=74067ssxxxxy9&uid=15994xxxxxyyyyyy65197

Its for an App which I have not installed but I do have uid in the Url.

I can clearly understand why you thought that can work (because when you add
an app the url doesn't have a uid it only has appid). But if you have any
app installed try to click on the manage App. it will take you to a page
that displays info about the App even there if you notice there is no Uid.

Hope it helps. Let me know if you dont understand my reply

Regards
Dinesh