Hi there,
I had problems figuring out whether the field I want to retrieve by
newFetchPersonAppDataRequest actually existed or not.
What I want to achieve here is that once the application is loaded, it
will go fetch a specific field named "setID "under the Owner by
calling newFetchPersonAppDataRequest.
The returned value of that field thereafter will be used as the
parameter of another function.
If the value of that field is null or that field is not existed at
all, then the application will call a function "OwnerRegister()" for
the owner to set that value.
So far, I can only differentiate the situation when the value is null
but have no clue how to figure out whether that field has been created
by the owner or not.
If that field hasn't been created yet, FireBug will show the following
Error "response.get("getData").getData()[owner.getId()] has no
properties"
I tried to capture this situation by inserting the hadError if
statement "if (response.get("getData").hadError())"
but it still didn't work out.
Does anyone know how to handle this kind of situation?
Thank you in advance.

Below is the snippet of my application code.

function getRequest() {
  var req = opensocial.newDataRequest();
  req.add(req.newFetchPersonRequest(
  opensocial.DataRequest.PersonId.OWNER),
  "getOwner");
  req.add(req.newFetchPersonAppDataRequest(
  opensocial.DataRequest.PersonId.OWNER,
  "setID"),
  "getData");
  req.send(getResponse);
}

function getResponse(response) {
  if (response.get("getOwner").hadError())
  {
    document.getElementById("error_response").innerHTML = "Cannot get
Valid User Data.<br>";;
    return;
  }
  var owner = response.get("getOwner").getData();

  if (response.get("getData").hadError()){
    document.getElementById("error_response").innerHTML = " Errors:
getData. Print out registeration form.<br>";
    ownerRegister();
    return;
  }
  var testData = response.get("getData").getData()[owner.getId()]
["setID"];
  if(testData == 'null') {
    ownerRegister();
    return;
  }
  var unescapedTestData = gadgets.util.unescapeString(testData);
  var testObject = gadgets.json.parse(unescapedTestData);
  XMLWebService(testObject);
}