Hi Viswanath,
I get your query now. I don't have any code which would give you exactly the
orkut kind of functionality. But if I can point you to a some javascript
code which allows you to show an auto complete text box. Here you can
provide a functionality, when the user starts typing your relevant friends
names starts appearing. You can refer the site -
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/scripting/jsactb.aspx

Also note, this is more of a DHTML magic or Ajax problem, then a OpenSocial
problem, hence we do not have a complete code snippet to help you here.

Best,
Rohit

Google Developer Programs

Join us at Google's biggest developer event of the year
May 28-29, San Francisco
http://code.google.com/events/io