Of course, if you're building an application for a business, you'll
want professional (paid) hosting to guarantee uptime and bandwidth.
You might also consider a CDN for resources, although this can get
very expensive very quickly. For hobbyist developers, gmodules.com and
code.google.com should work fine assuming you're comfortable with your
application being an open source project (in the case of the latter).

- Jason