Hi Everyone.

As of today, the caching bug noted in my first post should be fixed --
orkut will now honor the Cache-Control and Expires headers provided by
your application's host, and, if neither header is provided, your
application's cache will be refreshed every five minutes.

In light of the recent caching issues, several of you may have opted
out of using our cache services completely in order to ensure that
your updates appear within a reasonable time frame. If you have done
this, please consider resetting your host's headers so your cache
won't "expire" as often. Not only will this take some strain off of
your own servers, but your users' experience will improve greatly as a
result (through faster load times and so forth).

Very soon, we will be announcing a URL that you can use to flush your
application's cache manually in the event of an application update,
etc. I'll reply to this thread when the URL is available.

Cheers!
- Jason