To me, the characters on xml is having the same problem as René, on sandbox
(my app is under approve process).

The characters from javascript are showing right, but those on xml comes
like acentua??o.

Both files (js and xml) are saved with UTF-8 encoding and the xml header is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

This problem begun yesterday...