I don't believe this is the case, but I suppose it could be useful if
the same person installs the same application in both containers. But
the same could be true across all containers (hi5, MySpace, etc.).
Because iGoogle homepages aren't public (i.e. I can't navigate to your
homepage, even if you're my friend, as I can in orkut), I imagine that
a lot of apps being designed for iGoogle will be quite a bit different
from the apps on orkut.

That said, the REST API will give you the ability to authenticate the
user from any application or webpage, even in iGoogle, so you can't
always use this to get the orkut ID if you prefer.

- Jason