Wikis generally get around this by introducing a special syntax, e.g.
wikis on http://code.google.com, which use the syntax at
http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/WikiSyntax. The correct
substitutions are made before the page is rendered, transforming
*bold* into <b>bold</b> for example.

If you don't want to emulate this model, you'll have to be very
careful. You can unescape the output to get the raw HTML but you must
filter out tags that you don't want in your descriptions such as
it sounds, so I advise you go with the first approach.

- Jason