I am experiencing a problem using the setTimeout() function. For some
reason it does not work in Firefox 3 on Orkut. In the testcase I made
it should display the text "Done waiting!" after 5 seconds, but in
Firefox nothing happens, no errors are set either. If I load the
application in Safari it works fine, when I test the JavaScript code
in a plain HTMl document it also works fine in Firefox, which makes me
think that the Orkut sandbox is doing something that interferes with
my code, but I have no idea what it can be.

I have tried many variations of passing the arguments to the
setTimeout() function and even setInterval(), but it either fires
immediately or not at all. I have been unable to make the script pause
on Orkut with Firefox.

Is there anybody who can help me with this?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Module>
  <ModulePrefs title="Timeout test">
    <Require feature="opensocial-0.7" />
  </ModulePrefs>
  <Content type="html">
    <![CDATA[
    <script type="text/javascript">

        function init() {

                document.getElementById('info').innerHTML += 'Wait 5
seconds...<br>';

                var timer = setTimeout(function() {doneWaiting()}, 5000);

                document.getElementById('info').innerHTML 'timer: ' += timer +
'<br>';
        }

        function doneWaiting() {

                document.getElementById('info').innerHTML += 'Done
waiting!<br>';
        }

        gadgets.util.registerOnLoadHandler(init);

    </script>

    ]]>
  </Content>
</Module>