-----Original Message-----
From: opensocial-orkut@googlegroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jason
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 5:14 PM
To: Orkut Developer Forum
Subject: [orkut-developer] Re: Problem with PROFILE_URL

The sandbox is cutting-edge and certain features are likely to be
break as new changes are being pushed rapidly. This is partly why we
have prod sandbox available, which is much more stable. You should
continue testing your apps in the sandbox from time to time, but if a
feature is broken, don't let this halt your development.

That said, if you are interested in hosting your own Shindig-backed
container for testing, check out Partuza at
http://code.google.com/p/partuza/.

- Jason

On Oct 13, 3:01 pm, Jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Everyone. Yes, this is a known issue which should be resolved very
> soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime, but you can
> continue testing your apps inhttp://prod.sandbox.orkut.comif you're
> still developing for OpenSocial v0.7.
>
> - Jason
>
> On Oct 13, 6:16 am, Memel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > since October 10 sandbox.orkut.com is with these errors:
>
> > var viewer = data.get("viewer").getData();
> > var profile_url =
> > viewer.getField(opensocial.Person.Field.PROFILE_URL);
>
> > Uses someone the Apache Shindig? Because, to depend on the orkut
> > sandbox to work is complicated...
>
> > On 13 out, 06:33, Kavita Laddha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > yes it seems to be broken for me too..can any one please fix this
> > > ASAP??
> > > getOpenSocialViewerProfileInfo =function(data)
> > > {
> > >  var viewer = data.get("viewer").getData();
> > >  var profile_url =
> > > viewer.getField(opensocial.Person.Field.PROFILE_URL);
> > >  var regex = /uid=([^&#]+)/;
> > >  var result = profile_url.match(regex);
> > >  if (result.length == 2) {
> > >  var uid = result[1];
> > >  /* uid now contains the viewer's orkut UID */
> > >  } else {
> > >  /* there was a problem getting the UID */
> > >  }
>
> > > }
>
> > > /*Method for getting the app viewers profile url and then using it*/
> > > getViewerProfileInfo = function()
> > > {
> > >   var params = {};
> > >   params[opensocial.DataRequest.PeopleRequestFields.PROFILE_DETAILS]
> > > =    [opensocial.Person.Field.PROFILE_URL];
> > >         var req = opensocial.newDataRequest();
> > >     req.add(req.newFetchPersonRequest("VIEWER", params), "viewer");
> > >         req.send(getOpenSocialViewerProfileInfo);
>
> > > }
>
> > > getViewerProfileInfo ();
> > > Please Suggest whats wrong in this??

req.add(req.newFetchPersonRequest(opensocial.DataRequest.PersonId.VIEWER,

req.add(req.newFetchPersonRequest(opensocial.DataRequest.PersonId.OWNER,