I just noticed that one of our production apps is having similar issues, we are
using the control tabs library in our app over here-
http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#AppInfo.aspx?appId=813891887046 the tab links like
"<a href="#tagger">Tag People</a>" take people to gadget xml ie.
http://j8.bitrhymes.com/tagme/tagme.xml#tagger instead of staying on the same
page.

Our's is not a iframe/url based app, it was running perfectly fine until
recently when this problem cropped up. We didn't make any changes to the code
at our end.
ThanksAakash