Hi Sachin,

Thanks for the feedback.  That playground is a nice tool to know
about.

So I followed your instructions like this:

1. On panel 1 I entered http://sandbox.orkut.gmodules.com/social/rpc
(I corrected the spelling mistake on the word "social")
2. On panel 2 I set oauth_signature_method to HMAC-SHA1
3  Set oauth_consumer_key to orkut.com:121212121212   (I am using
121212... as an example, I set the actual value in my test)
4. Set consumer secret to abcdefabcedfabcdef (Again abcdef... is just
an example I set my correct secret in the test)
5. clicked Request token on panel 3

I got a 400 response, with the result of "Consumer is not registered:
orkut.com:121212121212"

So now I'm thinking that just because I have a consumer key and secret
it doesn't necessarily mean I can make requests to that provider?

All I did to get the key & secret was create a hello world
mygadget.xml file and uploaded it to app engine.  Then went to
https://www.google.com/gadgets/directory/verify and entered the url of
my xml file, verified it was mine by updating the xml file with the
token and voila...I got my consumer key and secret.

Feels like I'm just missing a simple detail somewhere.  Any ideas what
I'm missing here?

Thanks,

Carlos