Sorry, my explanation was a little short.

The idea is that when you have several activities of the same type, they
will appear collapsed in a single activity slot on the user's stream, with a
button to expand/collapse. Rather than seeing a ton of similar activities,
you'd see only the first activity and then a link saying "12 similar
activities from ___". Upon clicking that link, you'd see the rest of the
activities from that user.

This allows us to present more activities while preserving space on the
interface...

Not everyone has this change active yet, as it's slowly rolling out to our
user base. So if you don't see the change yet, don't worry, you will see it
soon.