Hi,
 An 'Orkut app'  has been developed using the Orkut Client API to work on my
application. But now I am experiencing a serious problem when trying to
retrieve user's own *Orkut scraps* and it occurs frequently.

  I am getting a "NoHttpResponseException: The target server failed to
respond" exception when an httprequest is made to the server**. It was
occurring sporadically, usually on any initial httprequest.But now this
occurs quite frequently. On analyzing the error details, I could make out
that it is the "doReceiveResponse()" method in the "HttpRequestExecuter"
class that throws "org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException".And this error
eventually causes an "org.apache.http.client.ClientProtocolException" to
occur on calling "HttpClient4.execute()" method.  I am attaching the
exception details with this post. As this occurs in the HttpClient4 class in
the Apache server, I am unable to do anything.

 Please help me out to get rid of this exception happening in the
'HttpClient4' class, as it is quite annoying for the users to see my
application failing to retrieve scraps frequently.

Thanks in advance.

API call Response: Orkut\nNo Scrap Available.Server error.10:
org.apache.http.client.ClientProtocolException

 at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:643)

 at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:576)

 at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:554)

 at net.oauth.client.httpclient4.HttpClient4.execute(HttpClient4.java:102)

 at net.oauth.client.OAuthClient.access(OAuthClient.java:318)

 at net.oauth.client.OAuthClient.invoke(OAuthClient.java:304)

 at net.oauth.example.DesktopClient.invoke(DesktopClient.java:217)

 at net.oauth.example.DesktopClient.access(DesktopClient.java:126)

 at
com.google.orkut.client.sample.Transport.sendRequest(Transport.java:139)

 at com.google.orkut.client.sample.Transport.run(Transport.java:123)

 at
com.shorthandmobile.server.services.orkut.OrkutServiceImpl.getScrapBook(OrkutServiceImpl.java:389)

 at
com.shorthandmobile.server.services.JavaService.callMethodForRequest(JavaService.java:16)

 at com.shorthandmobile.server.domain.Request.handle(Request.java:54)

 at ShorthandServlet.services(ShorthandServlet.java:83)

 at ShorthandServlet.doGet(ShorthandServlet.java:40)

 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)

 at

 at

 at

 at

 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

 at

 at

 at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)

 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:852)

 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)

 at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)

 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

 Caused by: org.apache.http.client.NonRepeatableRequestException: Cannot
retry request with a non-repeatable request entity. The cause lists the reason
the original request failed.

 at
org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultRequestDirector.execute(DefaultRequestDirector.java:470)

 at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:641)

 ... 32 more

 Caused by: org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException: The target server
failed to respond

 at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultResponseParser.parseHead(DefaultResponseParser.java:101)

 at
org.apache.http.impl.io.AbstractMessageParser.parse(AbstractMessageParser.java:210)

 at
org.apache.http.impl.AbstractHttpClientConnection.receiveResponseHeader(AbstractHttpClientConnection.java:271)

 at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnection.receiveResponseHeader(DefaultClientConnection.java:227)

 at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractClientConnAdapter.receiveResponseHeader(AbstractClientConnAdapter.java:209)

 at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.doRe *

* The last method is not given completely in the exception detail, but it could
be "doReceiveResponse" method.