Hello,

We don't specify exactly what an "active user" is because we want to
reserve the right to change that definition as we detect that better
algorithms or definitions are better for the user. Same thing with the
exact ranking algorithm: we don't disclose exactly what it is because we
can't make promises about how it works or how it will work in the future.

I wish we could be more precise in how we specify it, but we prefer to say
it's undefined instead of publishing a spec that would change frequently.

Thanks!

-
Bruno Oliveira (Google)