I'm adding Carole and Ludo in copy as they will be able to answer more
precisely than me
to your questions.

> The "into OpenSolaris" and an install location of /opt/opends are
> incompatible.  If the intention is delivery as part of OpenSolaris
> then surely it should be installed in an integrated rather than
> unbundled location ?
Our intention is to deliver in the non WOS of OpenSOlaris as described
here :
http://wikihome.sfbay.sun.com/spe-re/Wiki.jsp?page=Indiana_docks
So in a way similar to netbeans and glassfish

We were thinking that /opt would be the appropriate location for such a
delivery.

> What is the SMF service FMRI and what SMF method credential does it
> run with?
Carole, can you help me on this ?

> What are the steps required to make this OpenDS delivery usable as the
> LDAP backend for the OpenSolaris nsswitch ?  Where is this documented
> on how to do it ?  Are all the required LDIF/schema files delivered or
> are they reusing ones already in Solaris (including for the Solaris
> RBAC databases - the package map seems to hint at this).
The procedure to use OpenDS as a naming service as been described here.
The OpenDS package delivers all the necessary schema files.

Gilles