Putting executables in /usr/bin and /usr/lib add some complexity and
requires to rename many executables.
Since those executables are already shipped and used by opends users
this either create compatibility

would it be acceptable to simply put everything under /usr/opends and
ask administrator to run
the commands from /usr/opends/bin ?

Gilles