Worth noting:

'man' pages are wholly inadequate to document some jar files; one
would be in the awkward position of enumerating all the classes, and
possibly all the methods/constants in those classes.

There are jar files that are nothing but interfaces, some that are
interfaces and code, some that are mostly code.  I don't think a man
page will ever be in a position to do anything but a very coarse (and
therefore risk) job at documenting what's the stability.

Lloyd