On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 20:49:31 -0700 (PDT)
"Richard L. Hamilton" <rlhamil at smart.net> wrote:
> I see dev_path and dev_link properties associated with storage devices
> in prtconf -v output.  If those are actual driver properties, they are
> available to the kernel, right?  So mapping from one to another (minus slice,
> if
> applicable) in a message ought to be possible, unless I'm missing something.

No, they're not driver properties per se, they're an artefact
of libdevinfo - have a read of di_devlink_init, di_devlink_path
and di_devlink_walk (all 3DEVINFO). For a fairly simple example
of how they're used, wander through
http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/cmd/stmsboot/stmsboot_util.c#1085

cheers,
James
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems