Darren J Moffat wrote:
> Garrett D'Amore wrote:
>> Darren J Moffat wrote:

>>> There is a very important difference between micro and patch though
>>> and that is the delivery mechanism.  A micro release can be assumed
>>> to be fresh installer or upgraded to but a patch release could need
>>> the feature applied by 'patchadd' as well as being upgraded to in a
>>> fresh bitted release. This case introduces a new package
>>> (SUNWmptsas) so as long as that can be properly dealt with in the
>>> patch release train I have no problem with the change of binding.
>>>

>> C-Team is apparently confused... while the driver is intended for the
>> feature-patch gate (i.e. for delivery as part of a Solaris 10
>> update), they have made a point of requesting the project go back and
>> ask for patch binding.
>
> I don't think the C-Team is confused.  Solaris 10 updates are not
> micro releases they are patch binding releases.

Solaris 10 updates have been handled the same way all other updates
since at least Solaris 8 have been handled, as a collection of
patches.   So I'm not sure I understand how a micro release would
happen.... unless someone did a Solaris 10.1 or somesuch.  The last such
release I recall was Solaris 2..5.1.

Okay, well in this case its obvious enough.  In the meantime, I think
case submitters (and their sponsors) should refrain from using micro
release binding -- its not really what they want.  They want either
minor or patch binding.

    -- Garrett