Darren,
  I see that this case is "waiting need vote". I hadn't seen a draft
opinion, and thought that
I had at least asked for one.
  The discussion between myself and Alan seemed to clarify that this
interface would only
exist in Solaris 10, with a new interface using PSARC/2007/315 interface
framework...in
OpenSolaris and Nevada. Does that satisfy the advise which caused you to
derail?
  Just wondering if how this case moves forward.
--
Rick

Rick Matthews                           email: Rick.Matthews at sun.com
Sun Microsystems, Inc.                  phone:+1(651) 554-1518
1270 Eagan Industrial Road              phone(internal): 54418
Suite 160                               fax:  +1(651) 554-1540
Eagan, MN 55121-1231 USA                main: +1(651) 554-1500