Hi.

My answers here:

1. Yes, if the Compiler Team is ok with it, we can deliver the Apache Library
in
both Nevada/OpenSolaris, and in a S10 proper Update. The likely candidate for
S10, right now, looks like S10U7.

2. If it is a must-have (determined by performance tests of single-threaded
programs compiled and linked against the multi-threaded Apache Library), then
yes, we can deliver both single threaded and multi-threaded library.

3. Building for v8plus on SPARC is great.

4. Yes, consultation and consensus with the Compiler Team is, in my mind, a
requirement for this project.

5. Any other minor details we can work out through emails and/or con-calls.

6. Further updates to the library (depending on the Apache core developers'
release schedule, and on features introduced in future releases), should also
only be made in consultation with the Compiler Team.

Please let me know if i missed something.

--Stefan

-----

--
Stefan Teleman