Neal Pollack wrote:
> In the interests of meeting the executive and customer requests to get
> this into 2008.11 by deadline,  is the group willing to accept a P4 RFE
> to add support for sparc 2 builds later?

That is between the project team and the C-Team usually.  The way we
have addressed this type of issue in the past is that the Architecture
case applies to all architectures but it is noted in the case that the
ARC committee is okay that it is delivered at different times on each
architecture.

I have no issue with this request and I think it is justified in this
case given the requirement is for OpenSolaris 2008.11. The fact that
OpenSolaris releases are currently x86 only anyway further justifies
phased reintegration for each architecture.

--
Darren J Moffat