According to the discussion, my understanding is that the project team
can accept a RFE to add support for sparc in the future

so I'd like to document the case by adding an interface for both X86 and
sparc platforms (although they won't be available at the same time) as
follows
gnome-dispswitch.desktop         Volatile                  .desktop file
for GNOME

While this interface
/usr/X11/bin/dispswitch Uncommitted
is already available on both platforms