Scott Rotondo wrote:
> Joseph Kowalski wrote:
>>
>> Behind in my mail,...
>>> Because let's face it, without wine(1) I think this case is woefully
>>> incomplete.  And make sure to include the --red, --white, --ros?,
>>> --varietal=VARIETAL, and other important options.  This being FOSS we'll
>>> just have to accept GNU-style long options and to -hiccup- hell with the
>>> CLIP.
>>>
>> I know this is already approved, but I strongly advise removing the
>> --rose and --varietal=WHITE_ZIN options.  Solaris has a reputation of
>> quality and maturity that should not be imputed by the "inclusive"
>> attitudes of young FOSS developers.
>>

> But white zinfandel has the third-largest market share by case volume
> [1]. Clearly the community has spoken, and they find that white zin
> meets their beverage needs. Who are we to impose our elitist ivory-tower
> quality standards?

We are Correct(tm), and are the only ones who appreciate why White Zin
is only slightly better than PassionPop.

/me wanders off in a Coonwarra shiraz-induced red haze.......

> Watch for future fast-tracks to implement bud(1) and coors(1). Although
> some might argue that they duplicate much of the functionality of
> beer(1), the implementation is completely different, and there is a
> substantial installed base that demands 100% compatibility. It should be
> possible to provide sufficient packaging metadata to prevent accidental
> consumption of bud(1) and coors(1) by the unwary.

No doubt we'd need to have one for duff(1), dufflite(1) and duffzero(1),
and another one for fosters(1) too, with a See Also that mentions both
bud(1) and coors(1).

James
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems