On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 07:39:47PM +0100, Darren J Moffat wrote:

> I have no issue with the removal per say.  Even though I personally do use
> hgmerge - though I use a modified version of it in ~/bin/hgmerge (modified
> to run twmerge or gpyfm).

That'll continue to work, actually.  Mercurial will still fall back to
hgmerge if it's found in your path.

> However I'm confused as to why this is being done as a standalone case
> rather than as part of a case that introduces Mercurial 1.0 ?

Mostly because the changes introduced are below the level that the ARC is
interested in.  I know of no other incompatible change, and the rest of the
change includes new modules (which wasn't something I'd exported in the
original case), and a few new options to existing commands.

Danek