Just out of curiosity, if everything else is Volatile, is there
significant benefit to having the names of configuration files be
"Committed"?  (I mean apart from the pam.conf file, which of course
*must* be Committed?)

Otherwise, I believe the issue of "conformance to audit" has been
discussed, and I'll defer to the judgment of more senior members (though
I'd like to see a TCA for some kind of utility to simplify configuration
-- or at least some "common standard set of configurations" with support
for audit and rbac.)

I'd also like to see a TCA for clean up of the make_hash_links.sh
interface.  Having a shell script off in /etc/security just seems a bit
"unfinished" to me -- sort of like the original authors got to "good
enough for my use", and then stopped working on it.  (Seems like at a
minimum, this utility should lose the .sh, move to /usr/sbin, and
acquire a man page.)

Its likely that I will *not* be at Wednesday's meeting, but if the above
items are addressed (by TCA or TCR, and in the case of the concerns
about audit to the satisfaction of those other "senior members"), then
please consider my input as a vote to approve.

    -- Garrett