Erwin T Tsaur wrote:

>>> Yes good point.  There is another discussion going on about this
>>> whole packaging issue.  It is definitely being scrutinized as the
>>> requesters for this tool all have their own requirements and such.
>>>

>>     If this is still being discussed, isn't the case premature?
>>     Shouldn't this case be in waiting need spec until all relevant
>>     peripheral discussions have completed?
>>

> no.. packaging issues are separate and there are many ways to do this.
> As long as it is OK to for pcitool to be released in some sort of
> package or bundled somehow etc.. then we are set.

Not it is not separate it is very much part of the architecture review.

Particularly given that where something is installed and how it is
packaged (ie does it need a root and usr package) is dependent on wither
or not it is bundled into the WOS or an unbundled separate download.

The names of the packages are interfaces and should be included in the
ARC case expect where it is obvious (eg a case adding a new API to libc
it is obvious what package that is in, but a case adding a new cli
and/or daemon or library needs to declare the packaging).

--
Darren J Moffat