On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:01:22PM -0800, Mark Carlson wrote:
> I am sponsoring this familiarity case for Srirama Sharma, requesting
> minor binding and timing out on 1/26/2009.
>
> -- mark
>
> Template Version: @(#)sac_nextcase %I% %G% SMI
> This information is Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems
> 1. Introduction
>     1.1. Project/Component Working Name:
>        Openwsman
>     1.2. Name of Document Author/Supplier:
>        Author:  Srirama Sharma
>     1.3  Date of This Document:
>
> 2.0 Project Summary
>     2.1 Project Description
>
>       This project introduces the package of Openwsman 2.1.0
>       into the SFW consolidation.
>

> 4. Technical Description
>
>       Openwsman is a project intended to provide an open-source
> implementation of the
>       Web Services Management specification (WS-Management) and to expose
> system management
>       information on the Linux operating system using the WS-Management
> protocol.
>
>       WS-Management is based on a suite of web services specifications and
> usage requirements
>       that exposes a set of operations focused on and covers all system
> management aspects.

1. It would be nice to see the small openwsman CLI (wsman) bundled into
   SUNWopenwsmanu as well.  I've found it to be invaluable for openwsman
   testing and verification purposes.

2. The description says that openwsman will expose system instrumentation
   on Linux.  What will it do on Solaris?  Is a CIM server forthcoming
   in a later case?

3. The openwsman library generates and uses UUIDs; you'll probably want
   to include libuuid in your imports.