> 2.0 Project Summary
>     2.1 Project Description
>
>       This project introduces the package of Openwsman 2.1.0
>       into the SFW consolidation.

        I'm confused here about a number of things.

        * Is this a service and therefore needing to be controlled by SMF?  I
see what looks like a possible  mention of a service manifest, but no mention
of an FMRI, method context, administrative authorizations, Rights Profiles,
properties such as local_only, ....  I'd expect the man page to discuss at
least the FMRI, Rights Profiles and properties.

        * The man page states: "openwsmand service can be started only by
a privileged user."  In the light of Solaris Privileges, SMF and RBAC
what does this mean?

        * The Check List says this project uses PAM and the man page shows:
          /etc/pam.d/openwsman:

          #%PAM-1.0
          auth       required     pam_unix2.so    nullok
          auth       required     pam_nologin.so
          account    required     pam_unix2.so
          password   required     pam_pwcheck.so  nullok
          password   required     pam_unix2.so    nullok use_first_pass
use_authtok
          session    required     pam_unix2.so    none

          None of these PAM modules seem to be delivered by this project and
are otherwise not part of OpenSolaris.  Furthermore, the imported interfaces
do not show libpam.

        * The imported interfaces appear to show the use of OpenSSL.  IIRC,
it's use is contracted.  I don't find a mention of the contract.

        * This project appears to do authentication, yet I don't see mention
of how that authentication is audited or a discussion why it shouldn't be.
The reference for the Check List auditing section seems to say to me if the
project does authentication, it audits that authentication.

        * The Check List says: "The openwsman daemon is sufficiently privileged
to authenticate the wsman client.  There will be no request for a password
change coming in over the wire via WS-Man." With Solaris Privileges, what
does "sufficiently privileged ..." mean?  If there is no password change over
the wire, how exactly are passwords managed?  htpasswd/htdigest do not appear
to be part the imported interfaces.

        * The Check List says: "If the openwsman daemon is configured to use
PAM, then the service configuration file provided by the administrator in
/etc/pam.d will be used."  Is PAM configured?  See above about the use
of PAM.

        * What is the analysis of the security implications of this project
vis-a-vis currently delivered Sun SNMP?  Other than viewing/reporting, what
type of administrative file/database modifications/changes does this project
permit?

Gary..