Thanks again for your comments. Here is a summary of our responses since
yesterday.

Roland Mainz wrote (same thread):
> Erm... I think it shouldn't be a problem to make the |malloc()| and
> <stdio> parts of libast "consolidation private" for use within OS/Net
> (e.g. this are the most stable APIs of libast and very unlikely to
> change) ...
>
> ... question is: How do I do that ?

After this, thread becomes a discussion about libasm. This project does
not use libasm. Since it is still an uncommitted interface, it is
unlikely that we would choose to use it right now.

Brian Ruthven wrote:
> Will vmdump.X be removed automatically after executing the
> uncompression step?
No, it is not removed.  One reason is that vmdump.X files may be copied
from some remote system (or accessed remotely) and then uncompressed
into a temp directory. There are many different usage scenarios, and so
it seems wiser to leave the choice to the user. The user can always do
an "rm", with permissions.

Discussed this with Brian, and he agrees that *not* automatically
removing the file is the right behavior.