Hi,
The SAS1and SAS2 Spec don't explicitly tell how many retries it should
perform, but it's not a reasonable implementation to retry forever.
Because that is a mechanism between Firmware and Tape,  I've asked LSI
to see if they can provide any numbers.

For the worst case, if it retried too many times, the driver has the
timeout mechanism to handle that.