Hi Milan,
No,  TLR only take effects when there are transport layer errors(lost
frame), the protocol will retransmit the lost frame automatically to
recover.
It has no side effects when there is no error occurs.

So that's a value-add feature and there is no reason to disable it if
both HBA and Tape support it.

Best Regards
Jianfei Wang