On 03/23/10 09:28 AM, John Plocher wrote:

> The project homepage says:
>
> libgdata is a GLib-based library for accessing online service APIs
> using the GData protocol ? most notably, Google's services. It
> provides APIs to access the common Google services, and has full
> asynchronous support.
>
> The dependency on GLib says to me that this is a GUI focused API set
> that will find few non-GUI uses, especially since there are API
> libraries available from Google for Java, JavaScript, PHP, Python and
> Objective-C...

There are many other consumers of GLib besides just GUI programs.  GLib
is a separate library from the rest of GTK specifically to enable its
use in non-GUI programs.

It may still be that most consumers of this library will be GUI based,
but that's not the same as saying that the only such consumers will be
GUI based.

In any case, that doesn't have any impact on its binding.

     -- Garrett