On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Jordan Brown <jb25...@sac.sfbay.sun.com> wrote:
> long list of stats...

I'm running OpenSolaris.recent on my server @home with CIFS, Mac's and
PC's.  File write access from the clients is slow; it appears that
something is timing out (not responding) for every initial save-file
request - which then retries and succeeds.

Not to debug my problem here (E_WRONG_FORUM), but I'm stuck with the
general issue of not seeing the forest because of all that d...@mn
vegetation in this case.

I presume it is a good thing to have so many stats, and to be able to
inundate the admin with tons of info, but what is missing for me is
the conceptual structure to interpret and utilize all this info and to
actually debug problems.  In ARC-speak, what (where?) is the
user/usage model that pulls all these stats together into a coherent
whole?  Or, do I need to be an expert CIFS protocol/implementation
expert to make sense of any of this?

  -John