On 08/04/2010 21:46, Eric Taylor wrote:
Template Version: @(#)sac_nextcase 1.70 03/30/10 SMI
This information is Copyright (c) 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All
rights reserved.
1. Introduction
     1.1. Project/Component Working Name:
         dumpadm -d none
     1.2. Name of Document Author/Supplier:
         Author:  Robert Milkowski
     1.3  Date of This Document:
4. Technical Description

I am sponsoring the following fast-track on behalf of Robert Milkowski.
This case introduces a new dumpadm(1m) option for disabling a dump
device.

This case addresses the RFE:
   6910925 want to be able to release ZFS volume used as dump device [...]

Currently there is no supported way to disable a dump device
once it is configured on a system. An additional option to the
dumpadm command is proposed as suggested in the RFE:

        dumpadm -d none

Case looks perfectly reasonable as specified. I've had a need for this myself. So it gets my +1.

--
Darren J Moffat