On 06/ 9/10 04:38 PM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
It appears the Network Configuration is IPv4 only.  Shouldn't we
be prepared for IPv6 at this point?

The common case for IPv6 will likely be stateless address autoconfiguration, which doesn't require specifying a static IPv6 address. As a result, I would say no question need be asked about IPv6 addresses during an interactive install. The old interactive installer asked a "do you want IPv6 enabled?" question, but at this point, IPv6 should always be "enabled", and the system should automatically get a global address if there is an IPv6 router advertising an IPv6 prefix on the network. This is already true with NWAM today, so perhaps we need to discuss what the installer needs to do to make that happen if it disables network/physical:nwam and enables network/physical:default...

Alan, can you add this question to the issues file so that we can remember to cover it in more detail during the review please?

Thanks,
-Seb