Sebastien Roy wrote:
> On 06/ 9/10 04:38 PM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>> It appears the Network Configuration is IPv4 only.  Shouldn't we
>> be prepared for IPv6 at this point?
>
> The common case for IPv6 will likely be stateless address
> autoconfiguration, which doesn't require specifying a static IPv6
> address.  As a result, I would say no question need be asked about IPv6
> addresses during an interactive install.  The old interactive installer
> asked a "do you want IPv6 enabled?" question, but at this point, IPv6
> should always be "enabled", and the system should automatically get a
> global address if there is an IPv6 router advertising an IPv6 prefix on
> the network.  This is already true with NWAM today, so perhaps we need
> to discuss what the installer needs to do to make that happen if it
> disables network/physical:nwam and enables network/physical:default...
>
> Alan, can you add this question to the issues file so that we can
> remember to cover it in more detail during the review please?

I've put my two questions (the first as modified by Seb's comments)
in the issues file as:

alanc-1 What happens for IPv6 if static network configuration is chosen?

alanc-2 Are any privileges, roles or other user_attr settings made for the
        user account created during installation?

Aside from the case materials, I happen to know from out-of-band discussions
with Install QA that there is currently an open bug where the text installer
cannot be used on SPARC systems displaying on a local console device driven
by a frame buffer without coherent console support.   It's not clear where the
bug lies (presumably something in the ncurses implementation is relying on
something that is only supported by the in-kernel coherent console terminal
emulator and not the OBP terminal emulator) - but is coherent console support
going to be a dependency of this project or is that bug going to be root caused
and fixed in either the installer or ncurses?

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersm...@oracle.com