On 7/30/10 9:36 AM, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
Precedent set, and while it results in ugly looking names, it will work
unambiguously.  Lets move on now... (sorry I raised it in the first
place).

Although the names are ugly, they are not files that an admin is expected to touch.

(Oh, can you please elaborate whether any other % encodings are used?
At a minimum it sees that % itself must be encoded...)

I haven't seen any package names containing %, but I suppose it is possible (pkg(5) does not hint at any restrictions). I do not see any reason for using other % encodings, except %25 for %.

    -- Anders