Eric Boutilier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - You have expressed a desire that the package infrastructure
>   (registry, dependency tracking) for SchilliX be the Solaris standard
>   (svr4), provided we can open-source it soon enough, correct?

Yes.

> - And how would you feel if others were to make independent SchilliX
>   derivatives based on say rpm, pkgsrc, or portage packaging systems?

I am trying to provide a basic OS platform and people who use it
are free to do whatever they like.

The selection of bits on SchilliX-0.1 has been done in a way that it
allows you to start any compilation for free software without being forced
to first fetch/compile other bits or with minimal problems.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/