<Unless we are talking e.g technical issues of OpenSolaris vs. Linux>

Yes, technical issues.  What else should we be interested?

Having gone through most of the variants of Linux, it seems me that the
Fedora/RHEL combo is an excellent development model that can be followed by
OpenSolaris/Solaris.  Discussions on the technical merits of
OpenSolaris/Solaris vis-a-vis Fedora/RHEL will also be useful for Linux
aficionatos like myself to better clarify whether it's worthy to take the ramp
to the former.