On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, [UTF-8] Jürgen Keil wrote:

Apropos qemu, does it work for you on b16 or b17, x86
platform?

[snip]

when compiled with /opt/csw/gcc3/bin/gcc it starts, but does nothing. No
windows opens, and after some 10-15 minutes of frenetic CPU usage (e.g.
when booting Knoppix  3.9), it just stops using CPU and probably sleeps.

Is your qemu compiled / linked against libSDL? SDL is needed for gui output. Sounds as if knoppix 3.9 is done booting after 10-15 minutes and is waiting for keyboard / mouse input - but the gui output / gui window is missing?

I don't see libSDL in ldd output run on qemu, so it probably isn't. I just compiled it using default configuration (configure; gmake; gmake install). How do I enable libSDL?

As for knoppix, am I not supposed boot prompt immediatelly (as per Ben's log)?

Bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

To be or not to be is true. G. Boole    No it isn't.  L. E. J. Brouwer