Tao Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I vote for changing the default shell to a better one.
> I personally prefer ksh over bash, mainly because I think it's _technically_
> more efficient to use Esc-k and the traditional vi-key-mode than those
> cursor keys.

This was not true in 1984 when I wrote my bsh and it is even less true today.

What you need is an effective and correct mapper (bsh includes one) and for the
efficience, _only_ the efficience of the _output_ generated by the editor
is relevent. I did test bsh with 300 baud lines and the way it works is even
nice at that low speed.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/