OK, here's one.

We have a product that among other things performs expect like functionality by
scripting telnet or ssh sessions into remote machines.

When various Linux distributions stopped shipping /bin/ash as a link to /bin/sh
and replaced it with /bin/bash we suddenly started getting all sorts of errors
because we were seeing the results of command line scrolling being piped back
to us.

What's worse is that we'd been explicitly doing an 'exec /bin/sh' to avoid
these sorts of problems.  If I run /bin/sh I want to run /bin/sh not something
else with different behaviour.

Certainly as an interactive shell I use bash all of the time, but we've not had
our product break on Solaris, and I quite like it that way.