On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 17:46, Gerhard S. wrote:
> I have not looked at the command line editing library in Solaris, but
> with GNU readline it is usually only a few lines to add command line
> editing capability to a program. A few more if you

and there in lies one of the problems, GNU readline license mixing
with the CDDL license.  IIRC GNU readline is GPL not LGPL so
that may not work.

However we do have tecla in Solaris 10 onwards (and it is in
the opensolaris.org bits you all have access to now), so that would
be the way to go.  Tecla is being used by the zones and smf commands.

--
Darren J Moffat