> Although I must say, when it comes to the development
> of _Sun_ Solaris,
> characterizing the process that way ("NO, NOT
> THERE!!") actually isn't
> all that far from reality.

and somehow that holds true for any OSS project with >3 developers: linus'
linux (just look how many patches redhat and suse have in their srpm),
gnome.org's tree (goneme wasn't really successful, but they weren't allowed to
commit just because gnome is opensource), all those fights around commit bits
in the various *bsds, ..

and that's probably a good thing -no idea why opensolaris should be held to a
different standard..

patrick mauritz